Chip McQueeney serves as Counsel in the firm’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group.
He works with clients on a variety of matters, including real estate purchase and sale contracts, development agreements, planned unit developments, and easement agreements. Chip serves as Counsel for numerous public entities in South Carolina, assisting them with different types of real estate transactions. Additionally, Chip advises on municipal matters involving zoning, real estate, environmental permitting, and land development.
Chip has argued cases before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, the Supreme Court of South Carolina, and the South Carolina Court of Appeals.
Chip earned his J.D. from the University of South Carolina School of Law and his B.A. in Economics and Political Science from Furman University. After earning his law degree, Chip spent two years working at the South Carolina Court of Appeals.
- Facilitates review of purchase and sale agreements, easements and other agreements for numerous public entities.
- Negotiates easements on behalf of public utilities.
- Handled real estate transactions as in-house Counsel for one of the largest municipalities in South Carolina.
Professional & Community
- Exchange Club of Charleston (2001-present), President (2015-2016), Board Member (2009-2017), Member of the Year (2010-2011), South Carolina District Exchangite of the Year (2011-2012)
- The Huguenot Society of South Carolina
- Providence Church