Matthew’s litigation practice focuses on the defense of toxic tort, product liability, personal injury, employment, environmental, trade secret, and insurance coverage matters. Matthew’s clients range from manufacturers, construction companies, architects, engineers, developers, and distributors. Matthew serves as panel counsel for various insurance carriers and/or their insureds throughout the firm’s footprint for first and third party lines.
In addition to his litigation practice, Matthew serves as outside general counsel for many of his clients. In this capacity over the past year, Matthew and various Burr colleagues have advised Matthew’s clients on significant employment, intellectual property, funding, and merger and acquisition matters.
A member of the firm’s Recruiting Committee, Matthew enjoys identifying, meeting, and mentoring the newest and brightest attorneys at Burr & Forman. Outside of the office, Matthew enjoys spending time with his wife, Sarah, son, Harris, and daughter, Carlisle. Sources say that every once in a while, Matthew can be spotted on a golf course trying to locate his wayward tee shot.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants (2022-2023), Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants (2022-2023), Product Liability Litigation - Defendants (2022-2023)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers "Rising Star," Personal Injury General: Defense (2020-2021)
- John A. Campbell Moot Court Board, Member
Professional & Community
- Alabama Bar Association
- J.D., University of Alabama School of Law
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of Alabama
- All State Courts of Alabama
- All Alabama Trial and Appellate Courts
- All Alabama Federal Courts