Burr & Forman Names Eight New Partners Across Five Offices
Birmingham AL – December January 6, 2022 - Burr & Forman LLP announces the election of eight attorneys to partnership, effective January 1. The new partners include Tala Amirfazli, John Carroll, Matthew Centeno, Meryl Cowan, Rachel Gilbert, Bill Lawrence, Armando Nozzolillo, and James Roberts.
“Each new year presents an opportunity to promote and recognize the future leaders of our firm,” said Ed Christian, Partner, and CEO at Burr & Forman. “I am excited to welcome this group to partnership – a group that displays the strong talent we have throughout our entire 19 office footprint.”
From Burr & Forman’s Atlanta office:
- Tala Amirfazli is a member of the firm's General Commercial Litigation Practice Group where her practice focuses primarily on general civil litigation in state and federal courts. Tala also maintains an active pro bono practice and founded Burr & Forman’s partnership with Kids in Need of Defense (“KIND”), the leading organization assisting unaccompanied immigrants and refugee children who enter the U.S. immigration system.
From Burr & Forman’s Birmingham office:
- D. Matthew Centeno is a member of the firm’s Torts, Trial, and Insurance practice group where he focuses on the defense of toxic tort, product liability, and personal injury claims.
- Meryl Cowan is a member of the firm's Labor & Employment group where she represents employers, manufacturers, and companies in all aspects of general employment, labor, and employment discrimination law.
- William M. Lawrence joins the firm's Corporate practice group and focuses his practice in the areas of corporate and business transaction law, wireless telecommunications law, and sports law, specifically name, image, and likeness.
- James P. Roberts is a member of the firm’s Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy practice group where his practice focuses on all aspects of corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, and insolvency proceedings, including Section 363 sales, disorderly wind downs, preference, and fraudulent transfer litigation, as well as debtor and secured creditor representation.
From Burr & Forman’s Greenville office:
- Rachel O. Gilbert is a member of the firm’s Health Care Practice Group, focusing on assisting hospital clients with regulatory compliance, transactions, financial strategies, and advocacy related to participation in federal and state reimbursement programs.
From Burr & Forman’s Hilton Head office:
- John P. Carroll is a member of the firm’s real estate practice group where he practices law at the intersection of real estate development and regulatory policy. He focuses his practice on counseling developers of some of South Carolina’s most prestigious resort communities throughout Hilton Head Island and the surrounding area, and assists clients in navigating hospitality, food, and beverage regulations throughout the state.
From Burr & Forman’s Jacksonville office:
- Armando Nozzolillo is a member of the firm’s Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy practice group. He represents various financial institutions, creditors, landlords, and other parties in all aspects of loan modifications and restructuring, commercial foreclosures, enforcement of security interests and domestic and foreign judgments, Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcies, and creditors’ rights litigation.
About Burr & Forman LLP
For more than a century, Burr & Forman LLP’s experienced legal team has served clients at the intersection of business and government. With 350 attorneys and 19 offices across Florida, Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee, Burr & Forman draws from a diverse range of industry experience and practice knowledge to help clients address their legal needs and achieve their goals. For more information, visit the firm’s website at burr.com.