Norman Orr practices in the firm's General Corporate Group and Real Estate Group. In his practice, Norman concentrates in business formations, commercial real estate transactions and secured transactions. He routinely represents clients in the acquisition, sale, leasing and development of real property. Recent projects of Norman's have included solar power farm leasing, large-scale manufacturing facility development, healthcare facility development and restaurant development.
Norman currently serves as Chairman of the City of Mountain Brook, Alabama Board of Zoning Adjustment and is the Past-President of Special Equestrians, Inc., an Alabama nonprofit dedicated to offering therapeutic horseback riding to the physically, emotionally and mentally challenged.
Norman is an active member of St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church serving as a Eucharistic Minister and Lector. He is married to the former Kimberly Windham and they have two daughters, Riley and Lana Jane.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law since 2021, Business Organizations, Real Estate Law (2023)
Professional & Community
- City of Mountain Brook Board of Zoning Adjustments
- Special Equestrians, Inc., Past President
- St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, Eucharistic Minister and Lector
- Alabama State Bar
- Mississippi Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- University of Mississippi’s School of Business Advisory Board for 2020-2025
Legal Practice Assistant
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Alabama (2005)
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law at Samford University (1998)
- B.S., Finance, Auburn University (1994)